28 August 2011

26 days.

August is nearly over. Which, for my roommates and many friends means returning to university. For me, it means that September is nearly here.. Which in turn means September 22 is nearly here... Which means flying to Mexico for DTS!!!!!!!!

Planning on keeping this post short and sweet. It has blown my mind how fast this summer has gone, and how close DTS is. Fundraising is going slow and steady. Every time I freak out that I will not have enough money I get a phone call from home saying I got a donation from someone at church, or a letter in a mail with a cheque enclosed. That being said, I am still in need of funds to pay for my outreach phase of this journey. God is good, and He will provide.

26 days. So much to do, so many people to say goodbye to or catch up with, so much to accomplish in that time. I am learning how to rely on God more and more every day, even though that scares me. Slowly things are falling into place. I feel at peace that doing this DTS and abandoning school for a year is exactly what God wants me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment