2 August 2011

"God doesn't want perfect people, He wants willing people!"

Yesterday I had the most wonderful conversation with a man who has worked with YWAM for years. I was at a wedding, and my friend's parents called me over to introduce me to George. George has been working with YWAM for many years, and we hit it off right away.

In our conversations, he told lots of stories about his travels bringing teams of kids to Mission Adventures, and just how it touched their hearts, as well as his. I was telling him about my plans to do my DTS in September, and he was delighted. He told me one thing that really stayed with me - and that is that God doesn't want/need perfect people to be called into mission work, but He does however want willing people. That just stayed with me. I told him how I don't have all the funding at this moment to pay for this DTS but I'm willing to go anyways, and I have faith that God will provide. He really encouraged me in that, and that God WILL provide.

I also had a super encouraging time this evening. One of the guys from my DTS lives in Edmonton as well. We decided to meet for coffee. After a little investigating we found out.... the first time I lived in Edmonton, we were neighbors!!!! Literally!! My family rented half a duplex from his family for about a month while we were looking for a more permanent home. Russell and I have quickly become friends. I feel so blessed right now to have the opportunity to get to know Russell before this DTS even starts. Thanks God.

No comments:

Post a Comment