15 October 2011

Week Three - Acts 1 Conference.

      This past week the DTS staff and students packed up our bags and drove to Tijuana for the Acts 1 conference. YWAM Ensenada met up with YWAM LA and YWAM Tijuana. There were over 120 people there, and we represented 21 different nations!!
    Acts 1 talks about waiting on the Lord. "He ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said 'you heard from me, for John baptized with water but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.'" (verses 4-5). This whole week was about waiting on the Lord, waiting for what he would reveal to us. There was a lot of worship and many times of intercession for the nations. It was an incredible week of bonding with others and drawing closer to God.
    I have never experienced anything like Acts 1. This conference stretched me and God spoke many things into my life. The leaders in Tijuana have a vision of 200 000 young people doing God's work there. We prayed a lot for the Tijuana base and for their vision to become reality. It was an overwhelming week because Ensenada students had lectures on top of the conference. Basically we started our days at 7:30 for breakfast and did not end until after 9 pm. It was exhausting, in a good way. I write this blog from my bed in Ensenada, actually feeling quite ill. This week took a lot out of me emotionally and physically, so thank God for weekends and times to rest and recuperate!!
    Please pray I feel better soon!! Praise God for such an amazing conference, and for so many lives renewed in God (including my own!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment