29 November 2011

Revelation.

God has been revealing his artistry to me.

Today I went for a run. If you know me, you'll know I really don't enjoy running. However I was done my work duties early and had an hour before dinner, and God said "GO!" so I went.

I'm so glad I did. Our YWAM base is right beside the Pacific Ocean. I usually run when I'm frustrated, and I didn't realize how much frustration I had pent up today. As I ran I kept my eyes focused on the abandoned hotel a few miles down the beach. That was my destination. However. I stopped short as I realized that I was completely ignoring the beauty that was to my side!

The tide was coming in, the waves were rolling in close to my feet, and the sun was setting. The sky was exploding in vibrant orange, red and yellow. The receding light cut a path through the waves and the clouds stretched across the span of the sky in varying pastel colors.

I realized... God himself orchestrated that brilliant display of color. How could I possibly focus on my petty frustrations, or my aching legs, when the heavens were exploding in pure art!!! I was absolutely floored by this astounding display. My run transformed from a time of pounding out my own frustration to a time of unhindered praise. It was if God was saying ..."look bigger. Stop focusing on  the hotel and your frustrations, and just ENJOY ME." I certainly did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment