25 November 2011

Week 9 - Evangelism

Currently listening to The Civil Wars (Thanks Jessie for your wide array of music!) and enjoying a quiet Friday. Our schedule this week/weekend is all jumbled. Some of my DTS classmates are off building a house today, while others of us stayed behind and cleaned up the base.

Yesterday I had my first American Thanksgiving, in Mexico! There were about 160 people on the base for Thanksgiving dinner. It was kind of strange, since Thanksgiving should be in October, spent with my family. I spent a lot of my afternoon helping carve turkeys and fellowshipping with others in the kitchen. The list of things I'm thankful for exceeds my attention span to write them all down! It was such a good day though, and I am so very grateful for the family I have here in YWAM Ensenada.

Our speaker this week was from Australia!! For anyone who follows me at King's... He reminded me so much of Dr. Peet, with an Australian accent, on crack. He was so energetic and passionate about speaking about evangelism. I quite enjoyed his words, however I found I didn't get as much out of this week as I potentially could have. It seems everyone on base has been having trouble sleeping lately - or just trouble going to bed on time. We've been here for over two months, and I guess it's just "that time" where we've hit the pinnacle of our time here and are starting to wrap things up.. and everyone's schedule has been somewhat disrupted by the sheer number of people on the base.

Last night after Thanksgiving Dinner we had a talent show! It was so fun. Hmmm. Thoughts are popping up about the Christmas talent show... What songs to perform. I've got an itch to be back up on stage, I realize how much I've missed singing and playing the piano.

Today I've been enjoying the sunshine. I was sitting in the courtyard today doing my homework and I thought of the benediction line "and may the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you" - I imagine  that's what it feels like. To be blessed with the rays of the sun gently kissing my face.

To each of you who read this... I love you and miss you. I wouldn't say I'm terribly homesick, but feeling nostalgic today. Missing old friends, and old times. I hope lots of people read this blog and are blessed by it. If you know someone who may be interested in following my DTS journey, please feel free to send them the link to my page. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment