24 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

Well we've been in the Dominican Republic since Monday and it's been amazing!!

The weather here is great, it's over 30 degrees every day. The base is small, but quite homey. There is an outreach team here from YWAM Denver as well. There's a pool on base, but that's mostly to keep cool from the heat!

Every day we have been going to different places to do ministry. I have never played with so many beautiful black kids in my life!!! Every day that we do ministry there are a ton of kids that just want to be loved. We have a bit of a schedule, one day a week we go to a specific place and do ministry. The kinds of things we are doing includes kids ministries, with games, songs, stories and crafts. We have done dramas in the streets, testimonies in the streets, and lots of ministry. Several people have come to Christ simply because some members of my group have stopped and followed the leading of the Holy Spirit and talked to someone on the walk home to the base. Lots of children have heard the name of Jesus because of the work my team has been doing for Him.

I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas from the beautiful Dominican Republic. Be sure to take lots of ti to enjoy your family this Christmas season - because in my case, once you're away from your family during the holidays, you realize how much you miss them.

I love you all and thanks for checking out my blog :) Outreach pictures will be on my Facebook page. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment