15 December 2011

PACKING PACKING PACKING

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I can't believe people are packing. Lecture phase is OVER. Today is Thursday. Panama/Costa Rica team is leaving on Saturday, and my team (Dominican Republic/Oaxaca) leaves on Sunday morning. 

We fly out of Los Angeles Airport on Monday morning at 7:45 AM. My dorm room is a distaster right now. Clothes and suitcases litter the floor. Ten days til Christmas... but no White Christmas for me this year, unless you count the white beaches in Dominican Republic. ...That made it sound like a holiday. It won't be.

This outreach is looking like potentially one of the hardest things I'll do in my life. The DR is going to be HOT and muggy all the time - it doesn't get cooler than 24 in the evenings and gets up to 37 or 38 in the day, with about 50% humidity. Oaxaca.. well I've heard horror stories about the food there!

Super excited, super nervous. Your prayers are appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment