10 December 2011

Week 11 - Jeff Pratt/Final Week!

I'm still reeling at the thought that lectures are over.

 I'm currently sitting on the roof, basking in the sunshine, watching the tide come in, listening to Sigur Ros. My fingers still on the keyboard; I'm at a loss for words. How to explain how the last eleven weeks have changed me? The English language seems grossly inadequate to encompass what this school has meant to me. 

Jeff Pratt week was the perfect way to tie this entire school together. He spoke on the Father Heart of God. I'm sure most of us have been told "You're a son/daughter of the King" many times in our lives - but have we taken the time to unpack that? Jeff Pratt spoke on God's ridiculous love for us and we can only have enough passion in our lives as we realize God has for us (1 John 4: 19) It's important to realize as well that our Father has been pursuing us since before we were born. He's had a plan for my life from the point that I was a thought in God's mind and a dream in His heart. 

The more we realize who God is... the more we worship Him and have passion to pursue His calling over our lives. Sometimes this passion is stilted or cut off by wounds in our lives... "Our past needs to be reconciled so our present can be filled with power, and our future with hope"  Jeff spoke also of seasons of captivity. Sometimes we walk through difficult times. We walk through what feels like hell. Our society is one that is driven by comfort, and when things get difficult we immediately get mad at God and ask WHY. The treasures stored up for us in Heaven are not for casual lookers but those who desperately seek God's face in seasons of captivity. Jeff said something that really stuck with me... "Don't just accept your captivity, embrace it. Realize God in it" What a message to wrap the school up with! Everything Jeff said resonated so deeply with me. 

And now. 9 days left in Mexico. Several of those will be spent in Tijuana at the base for a conference and possibly a day in San Diego. I have a sermon to write, skirts to alter, student loan papers to re-do (FJL:JSLAFHJ:SDFJL"L:J GOVERNMENT WHYYYY) and lots of people to talk to. Please please let me know if you want to Skype with me in the next 9 days. I'm missing people from back home right now. Let's talk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment