13 January 2012

Nearing the End.

Hello beloved friends and family!

It's hard for me to believe our time in the Dominican Republic is almost done. Today is our free day and I am taking full advantage of it! Blogging, beach time, lunch out with my team, and relaxing. Now don't get me wrong, being a missionary does NOT look like this on a daily basis! I am trying to rest up because tomorrow, Sunday and Monday we're building a house!! I am so excited for this. A big part of house builds in the Dominican Republic is keeping the kids off the build sites. So we have a lot of long days ahead of us, building in the heat and trying to keep Dominican kids occupied for +5 hours... Should be interesting.

Early Tuesday morning (like 4 am) we fly out to Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO! I am quite excited. I have loved the Dominican Republic but I will not miss the men here. I have decided that I am not going to marry a Latino man, after being surrounded by them for a month. My time here has been stretching for sure and God has taught me a lot. I have grown and been blessed by so many people, but I am excited to move on. I'm so excited to see what God has for us in Southern Mexico. The first week we will be split up and living with families in a remote village. So that means no internet for me!

God has been blessing me richly. Currently dealing with some sickness, but God is so much bigger than that. I hope you all have a blessed weekend. Please pray for my team as this weekend building will be very hot and tiring, and in the midst of that we have to pack and be ready to leave early Tuesday. Thanks so much for your prayers and for reading my blog!

1 comment:

  1. A very Happy New Year 2012. This blog is through a nice to meet new people and their land, culture and nature. Come and look at you Teuvo Kuvat - Teuvo images, both at the same time will be my blog kokoellmassa flag depicting your country's flag to rise higher. You should also tell all your friends to my blog by fermentation. Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete