7 February 2012

LAST WEEK!!

HEY ALL!

This is our last week of outreach!!!! On Saturday we will be back in Ensenada!! (Not that I'm excited or anything.)

Anyways. My last week of outreach is looking a lot different than the rest of my team's. Because of the situation with my back, I was not able to go with my team to the village for this week. Also doing any kind of physical labour is completely out  of the question for me right now. So. I am hanging out on the base, which is Esau and Ale's house. At first I was super opposed to the idea of being here while my team is gone. The first night, I moved from the girl's house down the road to the guy's room, which is on the base property. I was still awake at 6 am - it was too quiet!! I have been used to living in community and having a houseful of roommates, and my first night of silence in five months sent me for a loop.

However. Being on the base has been really awesome. I think I needed this time, because before this I was running on fumes and not sure I'd make it to the end without burning out. I'm calling this week my "pre-debrief debrief week." Next week in Ensenada is our debrief week, but I guess I kind of get two. My staff gave me a list of things to do - a few teachings to listen to, team blogging, slideshow, intercession etc. So it's been really nice. I didn't know how much I missed quiet time until I got it back this week!! I am definitely missing my team, but the quiet has been more welcome than I had imagined. Since I have to take it easy for my back anyways, it's nice to have a bit of my own schedule this week. I've also spent a lot of time with the family that lives here, and they are great. Ale is studying to be a nurse too! She speaks English, so her and I talk about nursing a lot. Today I helped Hannah (their daughter) sort clothes for a thrift store for an hour and a half.

YWAM teaches you to be flexible - I definitely appreciate that, especially this week. It hasn't gone at all how I've expected it to, but then again I never expected I'd be in a Mexican hospital having as many troubles with my back as I have. I've had time to catch up with a lot of people from back home, tons of time to pray, tons of time to just be with my Father.

Please continue to pray for my back, and for restoration. I'm still in a lot of pain and am waiting for the day I get back to Canada so I can start physiotherapy, go to my chiropractor again and go to massage therapy.

Also, yesterday was Bob Marley's birthday. One love.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely enjoying hearing about your time in Mexico and (more importantly!) your love and passion for Christ. It is so exciting to hear about how He is moving in your life and in the lives of those around you. Thanks for sharing your journey...

    ReplyDelete