3 February 2012

Mexican Hospital Adventures.

Hey all.

So this week I experienced my first adventure in a Mexican hospital. It included...

  • mystery drinks
  • eating cactus
  • flooding the bathroom while taking a shower... the drain didn't work.
  • attempting to get dressed again after said shower... It's hard, when you're attached to an IV.
  • realizing how minimal my Spanish is when it comes to medical terms.
Basically I've had back problems this whole outreach, and for the last week I've been in a ton of pain. Tuesday night I got the most severe migrane I've ever had in my life and my whole back spasmed so they took me to a really nice hospital in Oaxaca. I was there Tuesday night until Thursday afternoon, just getting drugged up and doing some x rays. Now I'm back on the base, migrane is nearly gone, but my back is still in rough shape. If you could pray for me that would be awesome!! We literally have 8 days of outreach left and I'm not sure what I will be able to do. The next 3 days I'm ordered on bed rest, and we'll see from there.

Kind of getting lonely. The last week I have not been going out with my team to do ministry, and it looks like that may be the next week too. I thankfully have lots of reading material and lots of time to pray and hang out with Jesus!!!

Thanks for checking in with my blog, feel free to shoot me an email or Facebook message - I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment