20 October 2012

Wake up, all you sleepers. Stand up, all you dreamers.

Africa interview was this morning. Technically, African interiews. Six of them. I feel like they all went really well. And now the waiting game begins again. In about a week I will find out if I made it to the next level of interviews. Ah.

As I write this, I'm tucked away in a corner at the U of A. I have been practically living on campus this weekend, studying for my NURS 190 final. Cursed six-week class finals have snuck up on me and have taken away the last shroud of sanity within my being. It's 6:00 pm, I've been here since 10:00 am, save for the lunch break I had with my dear friend Kiri. She is a fellow nurse friend, and also interviewed for Africa this morning. I am thoroughly blessed by her! Hopefully, we'll be conquering Tanzania together come the beginning of May.

God revealed a piece of His heart to me today. I was just thinking about the capacity of the human mind. We love to be in control. We love to have parameters around our lives. We love to get comfortable, and say "this is what my life will be like, and I'll figure it out. Sweet." However when we do this, we limit where God could take us and what His dreams are for our lives. We just have our little perspective and that's it. However when we dream with Abba, I'm sure He has to laugh at the parameters we place on our lives, because they are so small. When we align our hearts with our Fathers, it changes everything. We stop dreaming our dreams and start dreaming His. We stop chasing our interests and start pursuing His. We stop worrying about our expectations (for me, that means I stop worrying about school and what I expect of myself) and start understanding the bigger picture Abba has painted for us. He's painted a masterpiece for each of our lives, yet oftentimes we are too busy/stressed/worried/tired/apathetic/burned out to notice the colours. We get too caught up in that black smudge right in front of us to notice that it is one small piece of a much bigger picture.  HOW CRAZY IS THAT!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment